Top Menu

Friday, April 11, 2014

B5886 + B5893 Mashup !!

 

 

I am so happy with how this jumper turned out !!!!! I have to admit ..when I set out to make this I was very apprehensive about how it would turn out .

If your familiar with patterns you know that there aren't many out there in the way of jumpers to choose from .... So I had to improvise ...



I knew that I wanted a halter top dress ... But I didn't want my back out ( I try to make most of my clothes "work friendly" ) . I knew I wouldn't find a jumper pattern to match what I wanted so I decided to do a PATTERN MASHUP !!!



I went with these two patterns!!


The dress pattern had the top I wanted and the pants pattern had the wide leg look that I was going for .



Construction

The pants portion was fairly easy , I finished the pants all the way till it was time to add the band and then I began making the halter top portion of the dress. I ended up having to change the zipper because in the pattern it added it on the side , because of the pockets this option wouldn't work . I decided to moved the zipper to the back .

 

 

The pattern only called to cut one waist band but I knew this wouldn't work so I cut two . I ended up having to cut the waistband down to fit the bodice portion and attached it . Once I connected the band to the bodice I began work on the pants .

 

 


The pants where slightly larger than the waist band so I added two darts on each side ( front and back ) . I attached the pants to the waist band, added a hem to the pants leg and that was it !!!

I will definitely be doing more if these !!

I think next time ill make it a size smaller with a tapered skinny leg !!



XOXOXO

 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful pattern morphing, I never would have thought of that combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job and you look amazing .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously impressed with the fabric pattern matching, never alone the pattern mashing- love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for the Sunshine and Shine On award. See my blog for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this has turned out great :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! It gives me flashbacks of the huge flowers with orange and yellow one my mom made for my friend and me back in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Loading...