Top Menu

Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Right Moves...

THIS is why I enjoy sewing!!
As a teen... I was an artist, I even attended the Alabama School of Fine Arts for Visual Drawing...anyway I digress... Like art , sewing allows me to create whatever I want . I have an "idea in my head and I create it !! THAT is so exciting for me! Sometimes it comes out spot on ... And sometimes I fail...miserable ... Either way I learn... And I grow ..That's really the point in it for me anyway ... GROWTH

Ok so THIS OUTFIT !!!


I have had this idea for a while, I originally wanted to use a black and white stripe print but when I saw this ....ALLL that went out the window!!

DETAILS

Shirt: Chess Print Cotton KnitSkirt: Stretch Suiting Fabric ( yes again) :)

Store : Handcok Fabrics

Cost : total 25.00 ( give or take a dollar or two )

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


To make this top I used an old t shirt pattern that I had made for myself . I had to take it in a tad because apparently I've lost a little weight since the last time I used it :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The skirt I made on the fly. I measured my waist and added a Inch seam allowance. I then made a 4 inch waist band from that measurment. The skirt was a bit of trial and error . I started out by taking my waist measurement and cutting it on the fold for the FRONT piece , I then repeated the same steps for the back piece.

 

 

I cut it on a circle skirt method I'd learned......

The next time I make this skirt I plan to cut it a different way because there where parts of the skirt that ended up being longer than the other when I connected them . I hand laid the pleats and then pressed them. this proved to be a bit of a challenge because I wanted to get them as close to perfect as possible .
 

 

 

Bare with me Y'all !!

I am definitely learning . I'm enjoying trying and experimenting with new fabrics and techniques . I do however believe that it is time to move on from the stretched suiting fabric considering I have used it in the last THREE projects!! :)

 

 

I have a little more of this red fabric so I may make a fitted skirt or something later:)...later
Anywooo!, I hope you like!
I just received some new fabrics from "Sew Blessed " so I am looking forward to playing around with those !
Until Next time!!!!
XOXOXO
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Cute. SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees ❀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shundra I enjoy your blog and seeing your fabulous makes so I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please dont feel obliged to accept it but details are here if you are interested?
    http://dawn-whitham-holloway.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shundra - just found your blog via Dawn WH, so I thought I would pop over and say hi and see what you sew. It looks as though you are a learning sewer :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Loading...